Created by NASA/JPL & KidTribe, this revolutionary S.T.E.A.M. education program evokes the power of the Performing Arts to engage and educate. Students learn about the solar system via an original 30-minute "hip-hopera" that they watch and listen to the original production, rehearse their own version and perform the play for the school and community.
Aligned with the National Science Education Standards for grades K-5 and adaptable for all ability and grade levels, every learning style is addressed through catchy songs, memorable lyrics and simple choreography.
A companion curriculum includes 36 interdisciplinary lesson plans that incorporate Literacy, Physical Activity and Social Emotional Learning.
This turn-key program is implemented through:
IN STUDENTS, GRADES K-5:
- 89% confirmed that Space School Musical made science fun
- 78% students increased their science interest
- 88% students had a greater understanding about space science
- 58% students wanted to learn more about jobs in science
- 45% girls had increased interest in becoming a scientist
- 76% students felt better about themselves
- 70% believed they could be a super student
- 60% made new friends